Botox is one of the most popular and best known wrinkle reducing treatments of all time. Let’s do a quick run-through of what to expect from Botox aftercare in Cleveland.
Most Botox treatment sessions last only about 30 minutes, and the results typically last for about 3 months. During your appointment, your licensed Botox injector will use skill and precision to inject Botox directly into the muscles underneath those pesky wrinkles on your forehead, around your eyes, along your jawline, and other places. This temporarily relaxes the muscles and thereby reduces the appearance of those fine lines and wrinkles.
Aftercare for Botox is pretty straightforward and not too labor intensive, but, as with filler aftercare, it’s still an important part of the treatment process. While this blog is specifically focused on Botox aftercare in Cleveland, aftercare for other neuromodulators like Dysport, Daxxify, and Jeuveau is very similar.
Your Botox Aftercare in Cleveland
After getting Botox injections at Radiant Divine Medical Spa, your expert injector will walk you through your instructions for Botox aftercare in Cleveland. To ensure your treatment is successful and your results last for as long as possible, it’s essential you follow any and all instructions they give you.
What to Expect After Getting Botox
- Zero downtime
- Minor redness or stinging at the injection site (immediately afterwards)
- Minimal inflammation (up to 48 hours)
- Slight heaviness or tightness in the face (about 1 week)
- Subtle differences in facial expressions or how your face responds (3 weeks)
- It can take up to 12 days for Botox to fully kick in
- A follow-up visit scheduled 10 to 14 days after your initial injection can give your provider a chance to assess your developing results and determine if additional injections are needed.
Due to the possibility of bruising, we do not recommend getting Botox within 2 weeks of a big event.
Things to Avoid After Getting Botox
- Lying down (at least 4 hours)
- Rubbing or touching your face (at least 1 day)
- Applying makeup (24 hours)
- Strenuous exercise (2 to 3 hours)
- Alcohol (1 to 2 days)
- Excessive heat, direct sun exposure, and tanning beds (1 to 2 days)
- Blood thinners, including Aspirin (at least 24 hours)
How to Relieve Any Discomfort
Most of our patients do not experience any significant pain or discomfort after getting Botox injections. On the off chance you do experience any discomfort, you can gently apply a cold compress to your face (but don’t apply any pressure) as part of your Botox aftercare in Cleveland. This can also help minimize the risk of swelling or bruising after your treatment.
Ready to Feel Radiant? Book Your Botox Consultation Today!
Botox in Cleveland can unlock your skin’s potential and help it thrive. Our team is ready to help you create a customized skin care plan based on your unique profile and needs. You can find us at any one of our accessible med spas near Cleveland.
The best part? The Radiant Divine team is the Radiant Divine team. We don’t consider ourselves separate based on our locations. So, if it’s easier for you to take an appointment in Brecksville one day and more convenient to hit up Chagrin Falls the next, it’s no problem at all.
Request an appointment to get started!
Learn about our wrinkle relaxing solutions by location:
Not ready for an in-person visit? Try our virtual consultation tool available online 24/7. Answer a few simple questions about your areas of interest, and you’ll receive customized treatment recommendations right to your inbox 💌