Treatment time: 1.5 – 2 Hours
Longevity: 1-3 Years
*** $100 DEPOSIT REQUIRED***
What Is Microblading?
Microblading in Ohio is a manual method of implanting pigment in hair-like strokes between the epidermis and dermal layers of skin to create the look of fuller or more shapely brows. This form of tattooing is the newest trend in Semi-Permanent Makeup. The natural-looking results are achieved with a sterile, disposable hand-held implement that is utilized to create individual “hairs” that mimic your own hairs where you are lacking them. A completed microblading in Cleveland procedure will result in a natural brow that doesn’t smudge or budge, sweat or smear off. Your new brows will last anywhere between 1-3 years predicated on the environmental exposure it receives. Results can vary based on skin type, skin care routine and lifestyle and your artist will determine whether microblading ohio is an appropriate choice for you or if there are alternative brow options that would serve you best in terms of obtaining your desired aesthetic result.
Why is Microblading Ohio in such demand?
That’s easy! Eyebrow microblading ohio has become the hottest semi-permanent makeup trend as it allows people who have struggled daily with their brows in an attempt to achieve symmetry, balance and/or shapeliness, to simply wake and go. Gone are the days of scrambling to get your brows filled in prior to leaving the house on a whim. Microblading is minimally invasive and extremely safe in the the hands of a skilled and professional artist. Here is a list of some of the most prominent benefits that are associated with eyebrow microblading ohio and Master Provider Heather’s actual patient results!
1. It can help you save time in the morning
If you spend a lot of time in the mornings getting ready, you most certainly should consider microblading ohio. It can cut down the preparation time by a significant amount. After years of struggling most women are tired of this ritual process that they have gone through every single day in order to make them presentable to the world. More time for coffee in the morning!
2. It can deliver a natural looking eyebrow
We’ve all plucked and waxed our poor brows at one time or another and some may have experienced permanent hair loss secondary to follicular damage. Microbladed brows are designed and created one hair at a time in order to restore what once was, or what never was! Now you can have the brow you’ve always desired.
3. It doesn’t smear off or smudge
No amount of perspiration, rain or swimming will wash these babies off, and a minimal amount of maintenance will ensure a soft and natural result.
4. The microblading Ohio session would only take about 2 hours
Microblading ohio consists of the initial 2 hour appointment where our Master Provider Heather with measure out and design a brow perfectly suited to your facial structure. Ample time is given to design, discuss and topically anesthetize prior to creating the perfect microbladed brows. Acute healing time is 7-10 days where some flaking and/or peeling with subsequent fading may occur but this is corrected during the second “perfection” appointment that will be scheduled 6-8 weeks later in order to complete the process.
5. It is a relatively painless procedure
Microblading ohio does not need to be painful. Any client who has an allergy to any of the “caines” such as lidocaine, benzocaine or tetracaine would not be an ideal candidate for this procedure. We strive to provide the utmost comfort during this procedure so it can be completed efficiently in a timely manner.
How To Prepare For Your Session
- Please take a break from these products at least 2 weeks prior to your microblading ohio session for best results: NSAIDS, Vit E, fish oil or omegas. These can possibly contribute to increased bleeding which could compromise your post-procedure pigment retention and thus overall healed result.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol 24 hours prior
- Any treatments such as lasers, peels, waxing, botox etc should take place 2 weeks prior.
- Skin should be healthy and non irritated, blemish and sunburn free for best results.
- Clients who are on Accutane will need to be off treatment for a period of one year prior to receiving microblading ohio due to increased risk of bleeding.
- Clients who are on a retinoid regimen will need to be off for 30 days due to increased risk of bleeding.
- Clients who are pregnant are ineligible to receive microblading ohio as there is no definitive research or literature supporting its safety during pregnancy. Clients who are breast-feeding will be instructed to pump and dump for a total of 24 hrs post-procedure.
My Session Is Completed! Now What?
After your eyebrow procedure, you will be swollen. Some clients will swell minimally while some will swell more. Everyone heals differently. This can cause the area(s) to appear uneven, red, itchy, and irritated when healing. The area(s) will also appear much darker and thicker than the final result. You can expect eyebrows to fade anywhere from 10-50%, which typically happens within the first 30 days. There will be some shedding of skin with color in it as the area heals. Do not pick. Some areas of the eyebrows will fade more than other areas and as the pigment oxidizes, it may start to darken up a little over a 2 to 3 week period. This varies from person to person. Your follow-up appointment will not be moved up or made sooner if this happens. All permanent cosmetic results vary from person to person.
- PLEASE NOTE: some skin types, such as African American, Filipino, Italian, or oily skin may notice that the hair strokes blend more with your skin tone and not appear as defined as on lighter skin types. Red heads, blondes, and fair skin types will experience more swelling, redness, crusting, or scabbing and some areas will fade substantially. They can look more powdered or solid looking and there is a possibility of no retention. There is a tendency for fair-skinned and lighter-haired clients to bleed a bit more also, which can contribute to altered healed appearance, however, this will be navigated appropriately by your artist.
- Smoking will affect your results and may cause the pigment to fade prematurely.
- If you have had the area tattooed by another artist in the past, there are no guarantees to the retention of the pigment. It may fade sooner or may not take at all. At some point, it is possible that Heather will no longer be able to do them due to scar tissue that may be present.
- When you leave the medical spa, the hair strokes are intact. How your body heals them is out of control of the technician. This is 100% your body’s job. Even when following the aftercare instructions, fading, blurring, or poor retention can still happen depending on your skin type and lifestyle. This is NOT the fault of the technician. Permanent makeup is an art, NOT a science. Clients results will vary. Using a pencil or powder may still be necessary. We have no control over your body’s healing process.
- If you go elsewhere for touchups after Heather has done them, you will be charged full price and will be treated as a corrective procedure when you return.
- Please keep your eyebrows COMPLETELY DRY for 3 days, including facial moisturizer, cleanser, steam and excess perspiration, unless otherwise instructed. After 72 hours, please cleanse your brow area with a gentle fragrance-free, non-abrasive cleanser and pat dry very gently yet thoroughly. If you have been instructed to apply an aftercare product, please allow at least 15 minutes of air-dry time prior to applying. If you should experience any scabbing, crusting, or flaking, please let it exfoliate naturally. This will prevent any unnecessary infections or additional pigment loss. It is ok to wash the brows after 3 days, however, avoid scrubbing them.
- For 30 days: Do NOT use retinols, chemical peels, salicylic or glycolic acids, anti-aging, anti-acne, or pore-refining, lightening/ brightening creams. After 30 days, do not allow these products containing these ingredients to be applied directly to the treated area as they will cause premature fading.
- It is standard procedure to see clients back within 6-12 months after the original procedure for their 1st touch up. This is necessary to fine tune the treated area. It is recommended to schedule an annual touch up to maintain the color. All aftercare rules apply to subsequent appointments as well.
What To Expect After Microblading
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color, more sharply defined or even have a more filled in appearance. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort and minimal redness.
- During the initial healing period, there may be scabbing, flaking or peeling of the skin. If that happens, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own. This is very important! If scabs come off prematurely, the pigment will come out with it!
- The complete healing process takes about 4-6 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating.
Microbladed Brows Go Through Many Phases While Healing: This Timeline Is Subjective Client To Client
- Day 1 – finely detailed, slight redness
- Day 2-4 – They become darker and more filled in looking as they form a light protective layer or scab. This is only temporary- don’t panic!
- Day 5-12- the protective layer naturally exfoliates, peels and flakes away over the course of several days as your skin heals underneath it. The brows may appear patchy in areas and this can seem like cause for alarm, however, this is absolutely normal. Be patient!
- Day 10-30 – After 10 days you may use brow makeup very gently if you need it. The color will slowly come back to life and bloom back to the surface as that new brow settles in and heals. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true color, as it will take on new strength, and it is only after 6 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. Your second appointment is to tighten up your shape, touch up any light spots and also to assess how your skin reacts to the process, and the chosen color. We note everyones pigment blend, in case we need to layer in a different shade or adjust the method for the best results 🙂
- This is a two step process. Brows are finished after the 2nd appointment.
Some clients will need additional follow-ups due to various factors such as skin type and lifestyle, however this will be discussed extensively in your consult prior to your procedure.
What Do I Not Want To Do To Keep My New Brows Looking Fabulous?
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any harsh soaps, shampoos, water on them as this can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the upper dermis.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. This is just new skin forming. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.This is a normal process.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 10 days. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo. After 10 days its fine if you need to gently apply makeup to any light spots. Please also keep in mind that everyday cosmetics are contaminated and introducing bacteria to your new healing brows is done at your own discretion.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure. This may cause premature fading and/or color changes ANYTIME this is done.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area. This will cause premature fading and/or color changes and any additional follow-up procedures will be subject to a charge at your artist’s discretion based on the extent of detriment.
- No anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
- Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing. Tweezing outside the treated area is permitted.
- NO exercising and/or excessive sweating for 10 days after. Heavy sweating will cause the hair strokes to blur and detail to be lost. No, you should not do hot yoga for 10 days post-procedure 🙂
- NO Sun exposure, swimming pools, jacuzzis, saunas or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
Once Healed, What Do I Do?
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, I recommend applying sunscreen daily on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid, retinols, AHA’s, anti-aging lotions and serums, microdermabrasion, chemical face peels and laser treatments must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten or discolor the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6-8 weeks later. It takes about 4 weeks for the brow area’s skin cells to completely regenerate and settle in.
- There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo, and everyone will heal a little differently.
Microblading Is Not For Everyone, You May Not Be A Candidate If
- you are using ACCUTANE or have used it within the past year
- if you have very oily skin and/or very large pores on your forehead the hair stroke pigment may be rejected or it may heal very powdery and fuzzy with loss of detail and may need frequent touch ups. Often powder shading, or a combination brow is a good replacement !
- if you are very tan or sun-damaged
- if your skin is very delicate, fragile, sensitive or problematic. The older we get the more fragile and thin our skin gets. People aged over 70 may not have the most ideal results, and may experience loss of detail, discoloration, or additional blurring
- are pregnant or nursing
- are allergic to Lidocaine
- are highly prone to scarring or keloids
- are epileptic
The Ohio Microblading Process / Faq:
Why Two Sessions?
1st Appointment – “FOUNDATION SESSION” – Brow mapping and collaborating together on the perfect shape according to your facial features, desired thickness and desired ‘look’. Application of a natural hair stoke pattern. Strokes are applied by hand with a single use disposable tool and the area is numbed for minimal pain. Brows are quite dark for the first week and soften as they heal over the next month. Everyones skin is different, some people will retain a lot of color, others will heal very light or patchy. This appointment is not meant to heal perfectly. This appointment takes approx. 2 hours total
2nd Appointment – “PERFECTING SESSION”- recommended 6-8 weeks later – to touch up any light spots, build additional texture, add hair strokes or tweak and perfect the shape. This session usually takes approx 1-1.5 hours.
Some people may need more than two sessions to achieve their desired brow, due to stubborn skin, improper aftercare, scarring from tweezing etc.
Do Results Vary?
Yes – color retention and overall results are different for each individual. Factors such as sun exposure, SKIN TYPE, FOLLOWING AFTERCARE, lifestyle, immune system and skin tone determine how your brows heal.
OILY SKIN – tends to ‘push out’ the ink quicker, and may need more frequent touch ups and heal extra powdery/blurry.
DARKER SKIN – will have less contrast and may heal even more powdery or solid looking than lighter tones. The darker the skin tone, the less detail or “hairs” you will see.
MATURE SKIN – is very fine, delicate and thin. It tends to heal more powdery and lines can heal on the thicker side. Results are very unpredictable, so please keep this in mind!
The final results are not guaranteed to replace makeup- you may still need to use a pencil or powder to create your own unique, desired look. The ultimate goal is to have natural looking, balanced brows 🙂
For a more “makeup” polished and precise look, please request a powder or combination of Cleveland microblading & shading for best results.
There can be additional cost involved for these add-ons, pricing will be discussed prior to your procedure.
Is There A Difference Between The Look Of Fresh And Healed Brows?
Yes, microblading ohio will appear crisp at first, and brows will be really dark for a few days after each treatment. As the brows heal, they will lighten, lines will slightly expand and become a bit fuzzy, and softer looking. As the color heals and is surrounded by fresh skin the color tends to heal a bit cooler than when first applied.
How Often Will I Need To Get My Brows Redone? And How Much Will It Cost?
This is a semipermanent process. It will fade over time, to varying degrees. A touch up or “REFRESH APPOINTMENT” is recommended at least once every year to keep brows looking their best. Please check with our provider for the most current touch up cost for regular clients!